Buglance is the winner of the 143rd Startup Battle, Dubai!
Startup.Network is grateful to our Experts and Guests for participating at the event and supporting the Startups’ Teams.
During the event, nine promising startups revealed their projects to a wide audience.
The Judges' panel of the 143rd Startup Battle, Dubai included:
- Anvita Varshney, Co-Founder of Dubai Angel Investors | Digital Advisor at Delta Partners | Mentor at YourNest Venture Capital;
- Khalid Shaikh, Founder, CEO of Prognica Labs and Affaan Technologies;
- Rahul Mandal, Management Consultant with more than 5 years of experience focused on emerging markets, including the Middle East;
- Usama Wahab Khan, Managing Partner at Evolution Capital (VC) | Community Speaker at Microsoft| CTO at Evolution Technologies’s;
- Rita Sudheer, Senior Executive - Investments & Research at ASA Ventures;
- Sajith R Channadathu, Management Consultant Dubai;
- Muhammed Yesilhark, Chief Investment Officer at Q2Q Capital;
- Abdul Rahman, Investment Associate at VentureSouq;
- Dr Anuraag Guglaani, Investor and mentor for Startups;
- Dr Christiane Schloderer, CEO at Growth Partners;
- Yalman A. Khan, Managing Partner at Nakeiya Ventures;
- Richard Stockdale, President of the UAE Regional Board of the City of London’s Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI).
You should attend Startup Battles not just for watching Pitch Competition but also for listening to Panel Discussion. Each event we assemble a great number of sophisticated speakers and moderators. At the 143rd Startup Battle, the Panel Discussion was dedicated to the topic “How to structure your startup to get investors excited”.
Meet the Speakers of the Discussion:
- Tarek Ahmed Fouad, Venture Growth Manager at Sharjah Entrepreneurship Center;
- Muhammed Yesilhark, Chief Investment Officer at Q2Q Capital;
- Abdul Rahman, Investment Associate at VentureSouq.
The Discussion was moderated by Muhammad Salman Anjum, TechPreneur | Author | TED Speaker | Moderator | Trainer | CIPD | PwC Faculty. Mr Muhammad asked our Speakers the following questions:
- What are 3 important elements you want to see in the startup when you see their pitch deck?
- What are the common errors you see when startups approach funds/VCs?
- What stage of startup attracts you to invest and why?
- Any particular emerging technology you are betting on for the “next big thing”? For startups to focus on…
- 1 tip you want to give to startups which are battling today?
The second part of the Battle was devoted to the Pitch Competition. The entrepreneurs did their best to present their truly innovative startups.
During the competition, Judges marked the Startups.
Buglance becomes the leader according to the Judges voting.
Buglance is crowdtesting platform, connect testers with software development companies.
Toghrul Samad, CEO Buglance: “It was an amazing experience participating in the Startup Battle and hearing feedback from the jury and discussing with potential Investors. Thank you for choosing us as the winner of the 143 Startup Battle.”
Here are ratings:
First place: Buglance - 4.3
Second place: Vivoo - 3.4
Vivoo - wellness app that guides users to a healthier lifestyle with personalized advice based on their urine tests.
Third place: iLearn Business Intelligence - 3.2
Fourth places: PatentBot - 3.08
Fifth place: Raccoon.Recovery - 2.91
Sixth place: Paloma 365 - 2.75
Seventh place: Cardiomo Care - 2.36
Eighth place: exeDrive - 1.66
Ninth place: Body Forming VR Suit - 1.5
We hope that was a good experience for all Entrepreneurs and wish them good luck.
Special grateful to our Partner, Quadrate 28 DMCC, who presented the certificate for 1000$ on the firm’s service.
Quadrate 28 DMCC is a marketing team on demand in Dubai, which belongs to the group of companies Quadrate 28 Corp.
Key specialization is marketing strategy + promo plan and implementation of marketing solutions.
Main customers are a small and medium business of various fields: HoReCa, healthcare, retail, services, technologies, education, telecommunications, consulting and others.
Quadrate 28 DMCC helps companies achieve business goals by building a marketing system from scratch or by improving and adapting an already enabled model. We save time for business owners to select a marketing team by forming working groups and take all operational day-to-day marketing activity upon ourselves.
Next Startup Battles will be held in the USA: the
Feel free to invest in promising startups with Startup.Network!
After participating in the Startup Battle, which was held by Startup.Network in the Silicon Valley, we gained tremendous amount of experience on how to build the startup and attract investments. Especially it was very cool to talk with MS. He gave us a lot of advice. If it were no it for this event, we would not be able to get such advice. Then we actively worked on searching for investors which we did. We began due diligence but we realised that we did not want to take any investments on the early stage. Again, useful advice from Mike Sandler, his criticism to be precise, helped us to find the way. At this point, we have several investors from among the surgeons, but for now, we are managing on our own.
Now we have an MVP that is not just a set of tools but a surgical robot. The manufacturing of the primary product is taking place in Taiwan. At this point, it is on the stage of being certified.
If somebody asks me whether I need any investments in the early stages, I will say no. It is significantly more important to develop the right network and to get proper advice.
Everything that happened is the credit to Startup.Network!
I want to thank Statup.Network for precious experience and help we've got during startup battles in USA and Berlin.
Mentors your team chooses for jury on battles are always very professional and ready to help.
We got valuable feedback and a good quantity of insights.
Raccoon.World team continues communication and builds relationships with several investors we met on the battles.
We took part in several Startup Battles, organised by Startup.Network, in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Minsk, Almaty, Kharkov and attended Startup Battle in San Francisco.
I believe that it helped us to be selected from more than 1000 competitors for acceleration program in the Netherlands, where we were the only startup from Eastern Europe.
Attending the Startup Battles is very beneficial for expending networking and gaining useful feedback. In particular, the feedback, what we got on Startup Battle, from the investor form the Silicon Valley helped us to find new and more perspective niche and make the pivot. We would be glad to collaborate with the Startup.Network team again.
We took part in two Startup.Network events: Startup Battle in Moscow and Startup BAttle in Silicon Valley.
We won the 1st place in Moscow and got a lot of attention from the media and investors. After that event, we received lots of useful pieces of advice and attended meetings with investors.
And we won the 3d place in Silicon Valley, and right after the pitch Marvin Liao
(Partner 500 Startups) offered us to join 500 Startups accelerator. Being acquainted with Marwin helped us one more time in Moscow in some time.
We would be glad to pitch at Startup Battles again!