FIRST MILITARY HACKATHON
Date: from 14:30 on January 26 to 20:00 on January 28, 2018.
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Price: free of charge.
For us, the hackaton is a union of talented people divided into teams that, sitting in a single non-stop room for 48 hours, generate ideas for solving a given problem and offer technical, marketing and financial solutions for the implementation of their own work.
For the first time in Ukraine, the ACT NATO Trust Fund offered cooperation in the organization of Khakaton to the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine and the U.Verum NGO. The event is different from the usual Khakatons. Tasks for participants were developed by the organizers for the purpose of creating a product of military or dual purpose.
Themes of Hakaton:
- geoinformation systems;
- Variant networks.
All hackaton tasks require an integrated approach and a combination of knowledge in programming, marketing, management and finance.
You are a potential member of the Khakaton if:
- You have knowledge of cryptography, geoinformation systems, variational networks, or you are familiar with building business models, finance, marketing, or management;
- You want to get acquainted with like-minded people and colleagues from the shop who can make a dream team with you;
- You can quickly work in non-stop mode on complex projects and generate non-standard solutions;
- You want to realize yourself in a competitive environment;
- Want to chat with guru IT, defense industry, management, marketing, finance;
- You are aiming to get on another international EA hackaton, which organizes the ACT NATO Trust Fund.
- Get new skis and compete with rivals for the money prizes of the event.
Registering on a hackaton can be done by team or individually.
Mentors with experience will help form teams (5-7 people), according to completed questionnaires, and will supplement the registered teams with new members (if necessary).
Each team will have participants responsible for the following areas of project implementation: IT, management, marketing, finance.
Register as a speaker and fill in the form.
After registering, you will receive an invitation and further instructions on the email address you provide in the completed questionnaire.
The participants in the hackathon receive tasks and information in three stages.
The first stage. Basic information about hackaton goals and conditions. Retrieved from open sources (hackathon site, page on facebook, announcement of the event and requirements for participants on profile sites).
The second stage. Extended information on the format of the event, the topics and tasks that will be addressed to the participants. Provided electronically upon registration of a member or team. During registration, the data of potential participants, their skills, skills, knowledge are verified.
Third stage Immediately the task of the hackaton himself. All participants of the event receive it simultaneously before the start of the Khakaton and after the registration before the start of the Khakaton.
Hackaton evaluation criteria:
1) idea (benefit and potential);
2) prototype (functionality and development prospects);
3) business model (monetization, processing, customers, risk assessment);
4) presentation (project submission quality, comprehensiveness).
According to the results of the pitching, the jury will determine three winning teams (one in each topic). Mentors and guests of the event will choose a team that will receive a prize of audience sympathies.
Organizers: NATO ACT Trust Fund, Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, NGO "U.Verum", Project Office of Reforms of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.
The main information partner is Starup.Network
Members of the jury:
Representatives of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, specialists in the field of technology and technology, IT specialists, TOP-management of leading world companies in various fields.
The name of the jury is currently being formed and will consist of 5 to 9 people.
Famous and successful specialists from various fields who will be able to help and encourage the participants during all 48 hours of active immersion in the event and brainstorming.
The list of mentors will be made public at the time of registration. The number of mentors will be proportional to the number of participants in the hackaton.
Guests of Khakaton:
Participate in the opening of the event, presentations of the projects and the final party:
- owners of venture funds;
- Directors and HRs of well-known Ukrainian and international companies;
- representatives of ministries and departments of defense subjects;
- founders of startup platforms;
- recruitment agencies;
- and other guests who have a close connection with the world of IT technologies.
Legal issues of the event:
Products developed during First military hackathon, including software code, rendering simulation, models and methods, remain within the open source domain and must adhere to the MIT license.
All questions about Khakaton can be asked:
- Technical aspect: Grechukhin Mikhail
(097) 127-50-48, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizational aspect: Krotova Tatiana